We are looking for a recent graduate to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will be a recent graduate with an eagerness to get hands on in the media landscape. Degree backgrounds can vary; however, they must demonstrate strong writing skills, an ability to multitask and be a confident self-starter. A small team, they should be an adaptable worker, able to use their own initiative to solve a range of tasks.
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in a PR or marketing discipline OR any degree (or equivalent qualification) plus a postgraduate qualification in a PR or marketing discipline
- At least 6 months experience in a PR or marketing environment (either in-house or agency)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Confident speaking to both internal and external stakeholders at a range of levels
- A strong understanding of the media landscape
- Digitally savvy having used a range of social media platforms
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent communications skills; confident liaising with senior team members, client and suppliers
- Organised and with an eye for detail; able to put together timelines and client reports
- A solution finder who is able to come up with creative ideas and also knows when to flag an issue to the senior team
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a tight team
- A positive, proactive approach and keen to learn and progress
- A full clean driving license with access to own car
- Writing, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog posts, proposals, and client correspondence
- Providing support to senior colleagues whilst ensuring the smooth running of accounts
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with press and influencers
- Driving coverage and responding to media queries and requests
- Liaising daily with clients and the media, often via telephone and email.
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients.
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity.
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings.
- Attending and promoting client events to the media.
- Other ad hoc duties and responsibilities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Neg, depending on experience
Apply: To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 23rd July at 4pm