We’re looking for a Communications Director.
Rumour Mill Creative Communications is seeking to hire an experienced Communications Director, with experience working on big creative brands and ideally with strong integrated, culture marketing background and a demonstrable background in leading content-led campaigns. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide communications oversight to a diverse range of consumer and corporate clients from a range of sectors, as well as managing digital media channels for clients.
The individual ideally has several years’ senior PR or Communications experience – ideally from an integrated agency environment with a strong working knowledge of social and digital media tools. They will be the heartbeat of our accounts and a key contact for clients, you delegate work well to Account Managers and Execs, and manage upward communication effectively. They will own and drive projects forward and take the team with them. They will create and present plans to clients and provide expert counsel. They will be good at writing effective copy across a range of channels and formats and have solid management and commercial skills. The successful individual’s goal is the lead on accounts and make sure they run like clockwork, always delivering exceptional results for Rumour Mill’s clients.
- Leading and managing a team of PR professionals and account managers, providing career counsel, professional development support, monitoring and performance reviews.
- Identifying training needs where required.
- Managing new accounts along with existing ones.
- Key contact for clients.
- Overseeing media strategy and account development.
- Providing support for agency growth and development of new business pipeline.
- Achieving exceptional outcomes for current clients and managing an extended. portfolio ensuring consistency of service is delivered in line with company policy.
- Championing the agency values and brand.
- Developing senior press relationships and managing contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers.
- Offering crisis management and counsel to clients and extending networking opportunities.
- Overseeing provision of account resources with Managing Director.
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in a PR or marketing discipline OR any degree (or equivalent qualification) plus a postgraduate qualification in a PR or marketing discipline.
- Extensive experience of integrated communications within an agency – over five years.
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press across Ireland.
- Proven track record of successfully implemented PR campaigns for a range of clients.
- Commercial acumen and strong experience of developing new business.
- Management experience of developing star performers and overseeing performance.
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business.
- A full clean driving license with access to own car.
Desirable (not essential)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations with Accredited or Chartered status.
- Leadership and management skills within an integrated communications environment.
- Talent development expertise.
- Senior experience within an integrated communications agency or in-house position.
- Business development abilities with track record of success.
- Experienced at winning new clients and pitching for business.
- Keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople.
- Proven ability to present complex industry information to target audiences.
- Expertise at handling a range of media to place products, grow brands or pitch for new customers.
- Excellent project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to analyse complex data and interpret it for a range of audiences.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills.
- Business acumen with the ability to communicate across departments and represent. PR at a senior level within the business.
- A full clean driving licence
Full-time / Lisburn Based / Work from Home Every Friday
Salary: Negotiable based on experience. Additional benefits apply.
Apply: To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 24 March 2023 at 4pm